Stories To Tell is a team of editors and book designers who help authors to develop their fiction, non-fiction, and creative non-fiction. We help to plan the book’s content, edit the text and images, and designs a professional, unique book. Our authors may choose to publish privately or commercially. Stories To Tell serves authors nationwide.
We specialize in helping authors through the process, from beginning to end. First-time authors appreciate our guidance, and experienced authors recognize and appreciate the value of our services, saving them time and money while producing a professional book.
- Basic Manuscript Evaluation A thoughtful review of ideas, organization and completeness. Includes a phone conference to discuss next steps.
- Comprehensive Manuscript Evaluation In-depth analysis of ideas, organization, tone, illustrations, effectiveness, etc. Includes a written report and phone conference to discuss next steps.
- Editorial & Publishing Consulting Consult regarding book’s audience, style, commercial viability, agent and publisher submissions, and more. Information is available about traditional publishing, self publishing, private printing, selecting offset and digital printers, and book distribution.
- Developmental Editing Analyze book plan or draft, recommend improvements in content and organization.
- Content Editing Comprehensive revision for completed draft manuscript. Editing of fiction and non fiction accepted; no poetry or technical books. Analysis of book elements at the paragraph, sentence, and word level. Revision to improve draft content for clarity, cohesiveness, and effectiveness
- Copy Editing Correct at the sentence and word level for syntax, grammar and mechanics, spelling and punctuation.
- Interior Page Layout $50/hr
- Photo Scanning and Correction $50/hr
- Standard Book Cover Design $200/ $300
- Commercial Layered Cover Design $500
Printing and Publishing
- Printer Account, Private Create your account with printer of choice, upload files, order and inspect proof, order and ship books. $
- Print On Demand Account, Commercial Self Publishing Create account with digital printers for book sales in online bookstores such as amazon.com. Includes ISBN, file uploads, inspect proof, etc.
Special Offer: 5% off manuscript evaluation services for Storiad members. We accept drafts in progress as well as completed drafts. This is a great way to get help from a professional editor at a low cost.